i18n: summary

Alexander E. Patrakov see at the.sig
Thu Jul 8 07:25:06 PDT 2004

Alexander E. Patrakov wrote:

> These steps are sufficient to get a fully usable system in Europe and
> Russia. In fact, this level of i18n is _complete_ in locales that
> utilize single-byte character sets and left-to-right writing order, for
> packages that use gettext. The following enhancements could still be
> made in LFS:

9) Correct the example of /etc/sysconfig/console.

Was, in chapter 7:

cat >/etc/sysconfig/console <<"EOF"
KEYMAP="es euro"
FONT="lat9-16 -u iso01"
EOF

"iso01" should be replaced with "lat1". This corrects the problem with
line drawing characters. Already fixed in SVN LFS-bootscripts.

--
Alexander E. Patrakov
To get my address: echo '0!42!+/6 at 5-3.535.25' | tr \!-: a-z | tr n .