i18n: summary

Alexander E. Patrakov see at the.sig
Thu Jul 8 18:39:50 PDT 2004

Alexander E. Patrakov wrote:

>> These steps are sufficient to get a fully usable system in Europe and
>> Russia. In fact, this level of i18n is _complete_ in locales that
>> utilize single-byte character sets and left-to-right writing order, for
>> packages that use gettext. The following enhancements could still be
>> made in LFS:
>>
> 9) Correct the example of /etc/sysconfig/console.
>
> Was, in chapter 7:
>
> cat >/etc/sysconfig/console <<"EOF"
> KEYMAP="es euro"
> FONT="lat9-16 -u iso01"
> EOF
>
> "iso01" should be replaced with "lat1". This corrects the problem with
> line drawing characters. Already fixed in SVN LFS-bootscripts.

Also explain that manual pages are in iso-8859-1, not in iso-8859-15,
and there may be display problems with them when using Euro-enabled
latin9 font. See Ken's message in blfs-support with the subject "Odd
characters in some man-pages".

--
Alexander E. Patrakov
To get my address: echo '0!42!+/6 at 5-3.535.25' | tr \!-: a-z | tr n .