I leave the project

Ian Molton spyro at f2s.com
Fri Jul 9 01:21:22 PDT 2004

On Thu, 08 Jul 2004 19:50:59 -0700
"Kevin P. Fleming" <kpfleming at linuxfromscratch.org> wrote:

> To some degree this brings back the old "depinit/minit/runit"
> discussion of using a system startup process that is dependency based
> rather than strictly ordered. With the addition of hotplug, device
> additions and removals become additional dependency events that can
> cause scripts to get run to start/stop services.

Thats it ;-)

Basically we sould set up a dependency hierarchy, and a list of tasks
that must complete before the boot prompt is delivered (or rather, make
the boot prompt depend on everything else). udev simply starts things as
its asked.

Most of the code for this has been done before, at least in some form,
so it shouldnt take too much.