MultiProtocol per interface support (was Re: LFS-6.0 printprocess)

Bryan Kadzban bryan at kadzban.is-a-geek.net
Fri Jul 9 15:16:04 PDT 2004

Nathan Coulson wrote:
> Should I also yank out all the compatibility at this time?  [This
> will all have to be tested before LFS 6.0, if we add it...]

Might as well, though I think ultimately it depends on how much time LFS
6 has for testing.  If we don't have time for testing all of it, then
backward compatibility will probably have to be broken at LFS 7 or so
instead.  Which doesn't mean we have to leave out the directory based
ifconfig, we can just keep the old file-based handler also.