MultiProtocol per interface support (was Re: LFS-6.0printprocess)

Nathan Coulson conathan at conet.dyndns.org
Sat Jul 10 18:33:41 PDT 2004

> Nathan Coulson wrote:
>
>> Alright, I have started recoding the directory based networking stuff.
>> (Well, not committed, but *shrug*)
>
> And once you have this committed, I'll rework my "static routes" patch
> to provide a service called "static-routes", that will look for an
> appropriate file in the ifconfig.<foo> directory. It will be much more
> logical this way. I'll also remove net-tools support from the patch, as
> it's no longer required with the book moving to iproute2 and the
> bootscripts already lacking net-tools compatibility after today's
> commits...

I didn't really want the directory logic within the services.  For now, I
am going to pass the SOURCE environmental variable to the services, and
take out all '. ifconfig.$1' lines, to be replaced by '. $SERVICE'

DJ, if you get this message, can you do this with BLFS, when LFS testing
upgrades to the latest beta bootscripts?