MultiProtocol per interface support (was Re: LFS-6.0printprocess)

Kevin P. Fleming kpfleming at linuxfromscratch.org
Sat Jul 10 18:38:38 PDT 2004

Nathan Coulson wrote:

> I didn't really want the directory logic within the services.  For now, I
> am going to pass the SOURCE environmental variable to the services, and
> take out all '. ifconfig.$1' lines, to be replaced by '. $SERVICE'

This will make the static-routes service hard to code; it does not want
a file containing a list of bash variable definitions, it wants a file
containing routes, one per line, just like createfiles wants. That means
that ifup cannot "source" it to find out what SERVICE name is specified
within it.

Because the file can contain a variable number of routes, and each one
can contain different fields, it would be hard (IMHO) to code this in a
way that the file would "source"-able and still work for static-routes.
I'm open to suggestions, though.