LFS-Bootscripts 2.2.0-pre1 released

jeremy at jutley.org jeremy at jutley.org
Sat Jul 10 21:07:30 PDT 2004

> On Sat, Jul 10, 2004 at 07:12:26PM -0600, Nathan Coulson wrote:
>>
>> Halt the computer if you cannot mount a ramfs onto /dev.
>
> Can you instead force single user mode so the problem can be fixed
> right then and there without the need for a boot disk or host?

This, coming from someone as security minded as you?

I don't like my systems defaulting to single user mode - if the password
file is corrupt going into single-user mode, then it accepts ANY password
at all, and gives root access.  IIRC, that's why this functionality was
originally removed from the bootscripts back in the day.

-J-