LFS-Bootscripts 2.2.0-pre1 released

Archaic archaic at linuxfromscratch.org
Sun Jul 11 08:34:01 PDT 2004

On Sun, Jul 11, 2004 at 01:22:20PM +0200, Matthias Benkmann wrote:

> How would single-user mode help on remote systems?

It wouldn't. It is just another thing I keep on my mind because I run
multiple remote systems.

> But all of this is way beyond basic LFS.

If a clean method can be found that covers more bases, then it
absolutely should be put it. However, I am not advocating something
overly specialized that would benefit only one segment of users. In
fact, I haven't advocated anything. What I thought about when I made my
first reply in this thread was that if a user simply forgot to add the
ramfs support in a new kernel he was testing, it would be trivial enough
to fix in single user mode avoiding the need for a host or boot disk.
Also, is there any static device backup on these udev systems? If not,
then one would have to have a specialized boot disk. Not that that isn't
a bad idea to have, but still seems overkill for a simple kernel
rebuild.

--
Archaic

The difference between death and taxes is death doesn't get worse every
time Congress meets

- Will Rogers