suggestions for testing

Christian Schmitt chrissschmitt at web.de
Sun Jul 11 09:31:23 PDT 2004

Hi,

i'm currently building the testing branch and want to make two suggestions:

1. Chapter 3: All the packages: The book says that we use glibc from cvs
  because the released tarballs are not new enough for our purposes.
Shouldn't we say instead that there are no new releases of glibc any more?

2. Chapter 5 end/ Chapter 6 beginning: We should mention that it's
necessary to become root before starting with the first instructions in
Chapter 6. There is no such instruction right now.

Last thing to say: I'm currently stuck before net-tools because i'm
waiting for the inclusion of iproute2. Seems like good work so far!

Regards

Chris