suggestions for testing

Matthew Burgess matthew at linuxfromscratch.org
Sun Jul 11 09:41:21 PDT 2004

On Sun, 11 Jul 2004 18:31:23 +0200
Christian Schmitt <chrissschmitt at web.de> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> i'm currently building the testing branch and want to make two
> suggestions:
>
> 1. Chapter 3: All the packages: The book says that we use glibc from
> cvs
>   because the released tarballs are not new enough for our purposes.
> Shouldn't we say instead that there are no new releases of glibc any
> more?

Yes, thanks for the reminder!  I hashed out some wording a while back,
just haven't got around to putting it in the book yet.

> 2. Chapter 5 end/ Chapter 6 beginning: We should mention that it's
> necessary to become root before starting with the first instructions
> in Chapter 6. There is no such instruction right now.

Are you looking at
http://www.linuxfromscratch.org/lfs/view/testing/chapter06/chroot.html
by any chance?  The explanatory text above the first commands there say
"as root...".  Maybe there's some other place you think it needs
mentioning?

> Last thing to say: I'm currently stuck before net-tools because i'm
> waiting for the inclusion of iproute2. Seems like good work so far!

Thanks for the feedback,

Matt.