suggestions for testing

Jeremy Huntwork jhuntwork at linuxfromscratch.org
Sun Jul 11 09:44:41 PDT 2004

On Sunday 11 July 2004 12:41 pm, Matthew Burgess wrote:
> On Sun, 11 Jul 2004 18:31:23 +0200
>
> Christian Schmitt <chrissschmitt at web.de> wrote:
> > 2. Chapter 5 end/ Chapter 6 beginning: We should mention that it's
> > necessary to become root before starting with the first
> > instructions in Chapter 6. There is no such instruction right now.
>
> Are you looking at
> http://www.linuxfromscratch.org/lfs/view/testing/chapter06/chroot.htm
>l by any chance?  The explanatory text above the first commands there
> say "as root...".  Maybe there's some other place you think it needs
> mentioning?

I mentioned this back in May:
http://linuxfromscratch.org/pipermail/lfs-hackers/2004-May/001305.html
but was kind of shot down.
My problems with it was the instructions say *still* as root, do this...
where there actually had been no implicit instructions to logout lfs
back into root.
IMO, a note to logout should go somewhere at the end of 5 and before
this page in 6:
http://www.linuxfromscratch.org/lfs/view/testing/chapter06/kernfs.html
--
Jeremy Huntwork