LFS-Bootscripts-2.2.0-pre2 released

Matthew Burgess matthew at linuxfromscratch.org
Sun Jul 11 15:33:40 PDT 2004

On Sun, 11 Jul 2004 16:19:28 -0600 (MDT)
"Nathan Coulson" <conathan at conet.dyndns.org> wrote:

> I am not sure, yet.  I would like to see it as a directory in LFS, as
> it gives us the opportunity to use kevin's static route service
> instead of the GATEWAY= line.  (Which is not in the bootscripts yet,
> BTW).
>
> it's up to matt.

heh, if there's two things I understand/know the least it's networking
and bootscripts.  So, now I have to make a decision about a networking
bootscript?  Yikes :)

Seriously, if everyone involved in the discussion is happy with the
solution(s) put forward (I'm thinking namely Archaic, DJ, Nathan, Kevin,
Bryan) then I'm happy for them to go into testing.  It certainly sounds
as if they're a) suitable and b) doable.  As far as the directory setup
goes, I'm fine with that.  I personally don't care about backward
compatibility here - we're on a major version bump here, so if we can
chuck out some old stuff we've just been dragging along with us for a
while, then I see this as a prime opportunity to do so.

Cheers folks,

Matt.