LFS-Bootscripts-2.2.0-pre2 released

Bryan Kadzban bryan at kadzban.is-a-geek.net
Sun Jul 11 18:40:05 PDT 2004

Matthew Burgess wrote:
> Seriously, if everyone involved in the discussion is happy with the
> solution(s) put forward (I'm thinking namely Archaic, DJ, Nathan,
> Kevin, Bryan) then I'm happy for them to go into testing.

I like what I see.

There is one minor thing though -- in init.d/network, when bringing the
network down, it seems Nathan switched from [ -f "$file" -a <stuff> ]
(which is what he used when bringing it up) to [ -r "$file" -a <stuff>
].  I assume they should both be the same, right Nathan?

Well, maybe there are 2 minor things.  Part of ifup/down goes like this:

if [ ! -f "$file" ]
then
	echo "Unable to read $file"
	continue
fi

Shouldn't this be echoing "$file was not a file"?  Or should the test be
using -r instead?