LFS-Bootscripts-2.2.0-pre2 released

Nathan Coulson conathan at conet.dyndns.org
Sun Jul 11 20:28:21 PDT 2004

> Bryan Kadzban wrote:
>
>> There is one minor thing though -- in init.d/network, when bringing the
>> network down, it seems Nathan switched from [ -f "$file" -a <stuff> ]
>> (which is what he used when bringing it up) to [ -r "$file" -a <stuff>
>> ].  I assume they should both be the same, right Nathan?
>
> Yes, they should both be -f.
>
>> Shouldn't this be echoing "$file was not a file"?  Or should the test be
>> using -r instead?
>
> -r does not do anything useful in this context, because this script will
> (nearly always) be run as root. root can always read any file, so -r and
> -f return the same results (as does -w). Only -x has meaning for
> checking permissions bits for root.
>
> I would agree that the message would be better changed to something that
> just says it was not a file when it should have been, as you have
> suggested.
> --

Both changes were committed.  I never released a new version, as they are
minor changes.

);  I never got to test this out, due to what appears to be a mess within
the iproute2 download directory at
http://developer.osdl.org/dev/iproute2/download/?C=M;O=A, [I'm about to
grab the one modified last].  Hopefully this problem will soon be
remedied.