lfs-bootscripts-2.2.0 released, ready for lfs-testing branch

Matthew Burgess matthew at linuxfromscratch.org
Mon Jul 12 13:24:12 PDT 2004

On Mon, 12 Jul 2004 13:41:11 -0600 (MDT)
"Nathan Coulson" <conathan at conet.dyndns.org> wrote:

> No changes since rc1

Thanks - updated in r3912.

> Required Book Changes:
> move to iproute2 instead of net-tools

Done...finally :) - r3911 has the changes.

> replace SERVICE=static to SERVICE=ipv4-static [network configuratoin
> page, chapter 7].

Done.  There was also an additional change that Jim pointed out for
/etc/resolv.conf.

> Optional Book Changes [if so desired]:
> I'd prefer a
>
> mkdir /etc/sysconfig/network-devices/ifconfig.eth0
> cat > /etc/sysconfig/network-devices/ifconfig.eth0/ipv4 << "EOF"
> EOF
>
> to what we currently have, but this is not actually a requirament.

This gives us our directory based configuration, right?  If so, and
noone has any objections, and the bootscripts support it I'll make the
changes.

> Additional Comments:
>
> whenever static routing is completed, the 2.2.1 version shall be
> released.
>  I wanted to get a base down for matt to work with first though.

Much appreciated.

Best regards,

Matt.