Acknowledgements

Matthew Burgess matthew at linuxfromscratch.org
Mon Jul 12 13:43:13 PDT 2004

Folks,

I obviously don't want to offend anyone here (or maybe it's too late for
that? :)).
http://wiki.linuxfromscratch.org/index.php?pagename=LFS-Acknowledgements
has a comprehensive list of people to acknowledge, although I'd hesitate
to say that not all of them have a *direct* influence on the LFS book.
As such is it still fitting to mention them in the (printed) book
itself? e.g. members of the ALFS, BLFS and HLFS projects are mentioned
there.

I realise that mentioning this will touch some nerves as it begins to
treat the LFS Project and the LFS Book as separate entities. I
personally think that the LFS Book should contain acknowledgments for
LFS Book leads, editors and supporting staff (website - including
mirrors, FAQ, translators).  Other folks should (quite rightly) be
acknowledged, but in the particular books that they've contributed to.
This may mean that someone gets mentioned in more than one
place(particularly the mirror maintainers), but I don't see a problem
with that.

Thoughts? Comments?

Regards,

Matt.