lfs-bootscripts-2.2.0 released, ready for lfs-testing branch

Kevin P. Fleming kpfleming at linuxfromscratch.org
Mon Jul 12 14:33:00 PDT 2004

Matthew Burgess wrote:

> Dunno, you tell me :)  What's still outstanding that you feel is
> either a) necessary or b) nice-to-have for the testing branch?  The only
> things I can think of are static routing and directory based
> configuration.  How much work is involved/left to do on these?  Is it
> feasible for either or both of these to go in to this release?

Static routing will be done in the next few hours, once my current
headache passes :-) Directory-based configuration is, as Nathan already
pointed out, only one additional line in the book, and modifying the
existing "cat" command.

Incorporating the static routing service will mean a little more
changing in the book, if you want to use it instead of having
ipv4-static do the default gateway. Those changes would be:

1) remove GATEWAY=192.168.1.2 from the cat command for ifconfig.eth0/ipv4
2) add an additional block like the following:
   cat > /etc/sysconfig/network-devices/ifconfig.eth0/ipv4-default-route
<< EOF
   SERVICE=ipv4-static-route
   TYPE=default
   GATEWAY=192.168.1.2
   EOF

That's it. This part is optional, though, as lfs-bootscripts-2.2.0/2.2.1
will still support GATEWAY in the ipv4-static service.