LFS Bootscripts 2.2.0-rc1 released

Kevin P. Fleming kpfleming at linuxfromscratch.org
Mon Jul 12 14:36:06 PDT 2004

Nathan Coulson wrote:

> for -pre2, I want to get kpflemming's static-route service.  [I'll leave
> it up to him to name it whatever he likes].  In the distant future, it can
> be a replacement for the GATEWAY= line in ipv4-static.

Nathan, I though of another issue: the order that files within the
interface directory are processed is important. For example, the
ipv4-static service has to be run before ipv4-static-route, or the
interface won't have any addresses and the route(s) won't be added.

I believe this can be addressed by just documenting that the files in
that directory will be processed in "shell sorting" order (basically
alphanumerically sorted), since that is how you are building the list to
be passed to ifup. However, it will be important that this issue be
documented in the bootscripts README or wherever it belongs so that
users will be aware of it.