Acknowledgements

Jeremy Huntwork jhuntwork at linuxfromscratch.org
Mon Jul 12 15:12:08 PDT 2004

On Monday 12 July 2004 05:08 pm, James Robertson wrote:
> Matthew Burgess wrote:
> > Folks,
> >
> > I obviously don't want to offend anyone here (or maybe it's too
> > late for that? :)).
> > http://wiki.linuxfromscratch.org/index.php?pagename=LFS-Acknowledge
> >ments has a comprehensive list of people to acknowledge, although
> > I'd hesitate to say that not all of them have a *direct* influence
> > on the LFS book. As such is it still fitting to mention them in the
> > (printed) book itself? e.g. members of the ALFS, BLFS and HLFS
> > projects are mentioned there.
> >
> > I realise that mentioning this will touch some nerves as it begins
> > to treat the LFS Project and the LFS Book as separate entities. I
> > personally think that the LFS Book should contain acknowledgments
> > for LFS Book leads, editors and supporting staff (website -
> > including mirrors, FAQ, translators).  Other folks should (quite
> > rightly) be acknowledged, but in the particular books that they've
> > contributed to. This may mean that someone gets mentioned in more
> > than one place(particularly the mirror maintainers), but I don't
> > see a problem with that.
> >
> > Thoughts? Comments?
> >
> > Regards,
> >
> > Matt.
>
> I have not actively "edited" the book in a while as I have been
> concentrating/working on ALFS stuff.  If you feel I need to be
> removed as an LFS editor, that is OK by me.  I understand your side
> of it.

Why remove people? For most things, I imagine that at least *some*
aspects of things people contribute to the books trickle down through
the versions.  At the very least, contributions would serve as stepping
stones to new concepts.  We have another page that lists current team
members and roles, why not just continue to keep those who have
contributed?  It's admittedly a long list, but that's what it is isn't
it?  Acknowledgements.  (Of course this is a separate issue from
segregating the different projects :) )

--
Jeremy Huntwork
http://www.jenacon.net