lfs-bootscripts-2.2.1 released

Nathan Coulson conathan at conet.dyndns.org
Mon Jul 12 23:06:33 PDT 2004

Changelog:  (Mostly the work of Kevin P. Flemming)
  Hotplug reverted back to rcsysinit [still not installed by default]
  Network Interfaces brought down in reverse order
  ONBOOT check moved to ifup/down [if IN_BOOT is set]
  use of PREFIX instead of NETMASK to corespond to iproute2's documentation
  addition of ipv4-static-route script

Book Changes:
  Previously, we had NETMASK=255.255.255.0, we now need PREFIX=24.  This
is a required change  (should have switched netmask with the 2.2.0
release, but I forgot to mention it)

  Kevin will be replying with the requiraments to use his
ipv4-static-route script to setup the gateway [as an alternative to
GATEWAY=].  This is a optional change, but I would like to see this in
the future someday.

  Jim mentioned setting the domain within /etc/resolv.conf, but I admit, I
do not know much about this.  no clue how to rate this, but it has
something to do with the change to iproute2.