My resignation

Jeroen Coumans jeroen at linuxfromscratch.org
Mon Jul 12 23:17:18 PDT 2004

Archaic said the following on 13-07-2004 03:13:
> On Mon, Jul 12, 2004 at 03:35:04PM -0700, Jeremy Utley wrote:
>
>>1) The Jeroen/Archaic camp - Slower developement, making sure that
>>things are always stable, even if we're not leading the pack in
>>incorporating new things
>

> I'm NOT taking offense to the above statement, but I would like the
> statement to be a bit more expanded to reflect a fuller perspective.

<snip>
> Jeremy, we've certainly had our disagreements in the past, but never was
> my intention or desire based on anything personal, nor will I leave
> because packages are added that I don't agree with. I build my systems

I completely agree with Archaic here. I've always tried to make sure
there were channels for both POV. My main problems with BE-LFS were udev
& hotplug too; the rest I've always welcomed.

There's been a lot of negative perception here, but for me everything
was resolved when the three-tier model was finally fully realised (ie.
with the testing branch, albeit far too late). I hope we have a stable
base now which will allow all directions to prosper.

--
Groeten/Greetings,
Jeroen Coumans