My resignation

Ian Molton spyro at f2s.com
Tue Jul 13 02:21:26 PDT 2004

On Mon, 12 Jul 2004 15:35:04 -0700
Jeremy Utley <jeremy at jutley.org> wrote:

> Simply, the community needs to come back together, and work together, as
> a team.  Drop personal agendas, and work for the betterment of LFS as a
> whole.

Im beginning to wonder if we should have just two development trees, unstable and stable, and just consider stable to be ALWAYS stable.

That said, the next thought I have is that we should have as many trees as we like + a stable one.

I think the real solution is, as Jeremy says, to work better as a team. DONT fight over what goes into a given release.

we need a release maintainer for stable, who should *dictate* what goes in (no harm in debating it but he should have the final word).

unstable, by definition, cant have a release maintainer - it never 'releases' as such anyway.

and I think the 'You didnt build by the book, go away' attitude doesnt work. There may be no practical advice available, but we can learn from the failure...