Testing Branch

kyle borreson kyle.borreson at operamail.com
Tue Jul 13 03:38:22 PDT 2004

just a question guys...

due to a bout of insomnia I've been rebuilding my system about 4:00am local and I found something I can't quite understand..

I realize that the 3-tier system is still pretty new and we are all trying to get a grasp on it.

but how is it that the lfs-testing branch has newer package versions and extra packages when compared to the lfs-unstable?  (lfs-bootscripts, iproute2, others I haven't noticed yet?) That just seems a little backwards to me.  Especially when I realize that edits to the testing branch were made on the fly rather than pulled in from unstable.

Is this just something we will see just until we get the 3 levels working or is my sleep deprived brain just not making a solid connection yet?

Kyle