Good bye and thanks for all the fish (was some drivel about children throwing toys out of the 'pram)

The Old Fellow nowhere at all.com
Tue Jul 13 05:03:11 PDT 2004

Matthew Burgess wrote:
> On Mon, 12 Jul 2004 16:41:43 -0400
> Jeremy Huntwork <jhuntwork at linuxfromscratch.org> wrote:
>

>>On Monday 12 July 2004 04:35 pm, Zack Winkles wrote:
>>
>>>Long story short: I give up.  I'm tired of the fighting, the
>>>flaming, the personality conflicts, all of it.  I quit.
>>
>>Where did this come from?  Why have we been losing so many good
>>people? :(
>

> <warning>Long post below</warning>
>
> Because I've been ineffective as a "people person".  There have been a
> lot of personality conflicts which have remained off-list (and rightly
> so, IMO).  I've been unable to resolve them, hoping almost that they'd
> somehow magically resolve themselves.  If truth be told, I too was
> nearing the point of resigning, although have managed to fight that
> feeling off for the time being.

Matt,

That is complete BOLLOCKS.  The reason these people can't work together
is that they are all limited personalities, who wouldn't know a team
effort if you stuffed it up their right nostril.  Once they have a few
years of work in the real world under their belts (this assumes anyone
with a team would even offer them a job, I wouldn't), then they might,
just, have an inkling of what is required in a team effort.

IMO the problem is exacerbated by allowing decisions to be made on IRC.
  But you all knew that.

I have also left LFS, and now run Gentoo instead.  You will not hear
from me again (for which you can all be truly grateful).  Please remove
the link to my website from the book, and put all my hints up for adoption.

I will just say this final 'thank you', to Gerard, and all those who
have helped me develop my understanding of Linux.  You know who you are.

Richard

--
The Old Fellow
Replies will go to the great black hole