lfs-bootscripts-2.2.1 released

Kevin P. Fleming kpfleming at linuxfromscratch.org
Tue Jul 13 07:32:18 PDT 2004

Nathan Coulson wrote:

> I am still a bit unfamiliar with iproute2, so I was more or less listening
> to what kpfleming said.  He recommended it, following how the
> documentation for iproute2 looked.

Exactly. In today's (CIDR) terminology, they are not technically called
netmasks any longer. For a reference, look at RFC2050 about IP address
assignment.

In addition, all the iproute2 built-in help pages refer to PREFIX, not
NETMASK, so it made sense to change the configuration files to match.
Also, this will stop someone who is trying to use an old configuration
file with a very descriptive error, as opposed to just getting a weird
failure when ipv4-static tries to pass "255.255.255.0" to iproute2 as a
prefix.