Acknowledgements

Jim Gifford lfs at jg555.com
Tue Jul 13 08:53:57 PDT 2004

> Sometimes theres more than one right way.

I agree with you, and that's what I did, but I got critized for questioning
Alexander, hotplug patches
and kernel patches that he made to the book.

> so Questioning something isnt a bad thing. If the question came from
> someones inexperience rather than technical reasons (and is wrong) then
> direct them to documentation. No need to flame.

People don't like to be proven wrong, because their way is right and their
is noone going to
change their mind. It doesn't seem to matter, if you have the data to
support your claim, because
they didn't think of it, it must be wrong.

I can name serveral instances of where this has happened on the project.