lfs-bootscripts-2.2.0 released, ready for lfs-testing branch

Kevin P. Fleming kpfleming at linuxfromscratch.org
Tue Jul 13 11:30:07 PDT 2004

Matthew Burgess wrote:

> Thanks Kevin.  Although 'optional', is this the 'preferred' method?
> What does it buy us over the previous configuration?

To be honest, for what's in the LFS book (a single default gateway
route), not much at all. I suppose one could argue that it's slightly
more educational, but that's quite a stretch.

Personally I prefer this method, because it makes each network service
script only responsible for exactly what its name says: ipv4-static
would just add/remove an IPV4 static address, and that's all. But that's
a qualitative benefit, not a quantitative benefit :-)