[RFC] support PEER in ipv4-static service

Matthew Burgess matthew at linuxfromscratch.org
Tue Jul 13 11:51:08 PDT 2004

On Tue, 13 Jul 2004 08:07:50 -0700
"Kevin P. Fleming" <kpfleming at linuxfromscratch.org> wrote:

> The patch linked below adds support for a PEER variable in config
> files for the ipv4-static network service. This is used for
> point-to-point links (PPP, HDLC, etc.) and tunnels (ip-ip, tun
> devices, etc.).
>
> http://linuxfromscratch.org/~kpfleming/ipv4-static-peer.patch

Kevin,

Is this a suggestion for the testing branch, i.e. to compliment the new
bootscripts & iproute2 setup?  I see it supports things like PPP etc.,
which are dealt with more fully in BLFS.  I'm not averse to putting this
patch in the book at all, as I don't believe it is sensible to have BLFS
overwrite our default ipv4-static configuration.  The only worry I've
got though, is that people will see the words "used for ...PPP" here and
think that we're adding (or intending to add) complete PPP support to
LFS, which I think was agreed not going to happen?

Cheers,

Matt.