Divorce the 3 tiers [was Re: My resignation]

Matthias B. msbREMOVE-THIS at winterdrache.de
Tue Jul 13 12:26:39 PDT 2004

On Tue, 13 Jul 2004 11:32:42 -0400 Hui Zhou <zhouhui at wam.umd.edu> wrote:

> How about divorcing the 3-tiers (which was in my mind all along)?

I thought about this, too, and I think it would be a good idea. This would
be a development model more like that of Mozilla/Firefox. They share the
same repository, they share most of the code and fixes/changes may be
merged in the one or other direction, but Mozilla is not meant to become
Firefox at some time or vice versa.

In the LFS case, committers for unstable would be a superset of committers
for testing which would be a superset of committers for stable.

MSB

--
I have not lost my mind - I know exactly where I left it.