[RFC] support PEER in ipv4-static service

Nathan Coulson conathan at conet.dyndns.org
Tue Jul 13 17:46:46 PDT 2004

> On Tue, 13 Jul 2004 08:07:50 -0700
> "Kevin P. Fleming" <kpfleming at linuxfromscratch.org> wrote:
>
>> The patch linked below adds support for a PEER variable in config
>> files for the ipv4-static network service. This is used for
>> point-to-point links (PPP, HDLC, etc.) and tunnels (ip-ip, tun
>> devices, etc.).
>>
>> http://linuxfromscratch.org/~kpfleming/ipv4-static-peer.patch
>
> Having thought about this some more, I'm accepting the patch on the
> basis of the fact that it will reduce the maintenance burden on BLFS &
> hint maintainers alike.
>
> Nathan, would you mind applying this please.  I know I *could* but
> you've been doing such a great job with the bootscripts I'd hate to take
> anything away from you :)
>
> Cheers,
>
> Matt.
> --

just so you know, I am doing rather good because I usually understand all
aspects of the bootscripts, and attempt to decide what would be useful for
LFS/BLFS, or other people's systems (so they can have fun customizing it
to their needs).

At the moment, I am still a bit green on iproute2 part, but it wont hurt
to throw it in now.  [I think it has something to do with redirecting
output from one interface to another...].

(also a bit green on hotplug, [except for the net subsystem] but that is
another story).