My resignation

Ian Molton spyro at f2s.com
Wed Jul 14 08:10:05 PDT 2004

On Wed, 14 Jul 2004 21:01:29 +1000
Zeplin <zeps at ihug.com.au> wrote:

> ok, your turn to think about it, and get a solution, Not just repeat
> the *irc* is to fast crap. We are aware of other projects that use irc
> as the main communcation proccess.
> Your attempt to discredit it as a valid medium for stable book
> conversations/changes is flawed

Uh... Im not sure I should even bother to respond to this tirade but
I'll try.

I *did not* try to discredit IRC.

What is abundantly clear, however is that a LARGE number of people
interested in stable (and probably testing) want the development to be
on the lists, as its slower, you can think about it more before posting
replies, and theres a nice hierarchical history.

IRC has its uses. it seems to work VERY well for unstable (you KNOW I
know this as you are perfectly well aware that I hang around on IRC from
time to time.

so... you want my solution?

Do stable (perhaps testing too) development primarily on list, and do unstable dev primarily on IRC.

no, its not a magic bullet, but its a start.