My resignation

Ian Molton spyro at f2s.com
Wed Jul 14 08:13:54 PDT 2004

On Wed, 14 Jul 2004 07:08:14 -0500
Dagmar d'Surreal <dagmar.wants at nospam.com> wrote:

> *One* properly configured eggdrop is all it takes to solve the problems
> of both time-separated one-to-one (notes module) and one-to-many
> (flagnotes module) messaging, although as such it is just a more
> lightweight solution to what a mailing list does.  Channel logs can
> readily be placed by an eggdrop into a directory where they may be
> retrieved by users with the proper flags.

Why (badly) emulate the lists when they already exist and work well?

Why make everyone learn *another* communication system?

IRC logs are frequently illegible, and always full of dross (chatter).

IRC has no hierarchical organisation.

(and, btw., just to be clear, I have NOTHING against IRC as a development medium, I just dont think it suits the stable series one bit.)