My resignation

Chris Lingard chris at stockwith.co.uk
Wed Jul 14 10:06:01 PDT 2004

Nick Fotopoulos wrote:

> <snip>
> On Wed, 2004-07-14 at 15:19 +0100, Chris Lingard wrote:
>> I would still like to see a summary posted to hackers, so that those not
>> on IRC too much; can have their say
>>
>> Chris
>>

> Why doesn't anyone seem to be able to grasp the concept that unstable
> was created to alleviate the burden of reporting everything the devs
> did.  There is no "say" in unstable.  People make changes, and test out
> new things, and sometimes there is not even IRC discussion about it.  If
> you want to stay updated on that, then invest the some time and dive
> right in.  There is no hand holding in unstable.

Because there are, (or were), a lot of us, with no official title, and
no way to make changes; except to suggest things on the lists.

Are you saying that all strategy, design and so forth; are completely in
the hands of these so called "devs"?  At least we could suggest things on
previous issues of LFS.

Chris