My resignation

Dagmar d'Surreal dagmar.wants at nospam.com
Wed Jul 14 11:49:04 PDT 2004

On Wed, 2004-07-14 at 16:13 +0100, Ian Molton wrote:
> On Wed, 14 Jul 2004 07:08:14 -0500
> Dagmar d'Surreal <dagmar.wants at nospam.com> wrote:
>
> > *One* properly configured eggdrop is all it takes to solve the problems
> > of both time-separated one-to-one (notes module) and one-to-many
> > (flagnotes module) messaging, although as such it is just a more
> > lightweight solution to what a mailing list does.  Channel logs can
> > readily be placed by an eggdrop into a directory where they may be
> > retrieved by users with the proper flags.
>
> Why (badly) emulate the lists when they already exist and work well?

Why ask this question?  I definitely didn't say what you're implying.

> Why make everyone learn *another* communication system?

If someone can't figure out IRC but yet thinks they're capable of system
administration work, they should probably retake their seat next to the
basketball-playing chicken.

> IRC logs are frequently illegible, and always full of dross (chatter).

(looks meaningfully at the mailing list archives)

> IRC has no hierarchical organisation.

Nor has it ever needed one.

> (and, btw., just to be clear, I have NOTHING against IRC as a development medium, I just dont think it suits the stable series one bit.)

Did you actually have a point to make with all this?  I think you need
to re-read my post and pay careful attention to what I was illustrating.

--
The email address above is phony because my penis is already big enough, kthx.
   AIM: evilDagmar  Jabber: evilDagmar at jabber.org (<-not an email address!)