Dead Patch Links...

kyle borreson kyle.borreson at operamail.com
Wed Jul 14 17:15:05 PDT 2004

> Well, to be honest I *thought* we had a script in place that
> automatically scanned the book for links to patches and copied them to
> the correct place.  Could Manuel, Tushar and anyone else that was
> involved in the patcheslist.xsl stuff please confirm or deny the above?
> Maybe we now *need* this as a post-commit script, instead of/as well as
> a cron job?
>
> Cheers,
>
> Matt.
> --

First of all, I need to appologize... When I wrote that note, I was just off a BAD day at work... among other thigs...  Normally I wouldn't have let a thing like that twist me off, but..
Also, J-man over on IRC explained the delay for me... Understanding why something happens helps to reduce the irritation caused by it.

Now, that being said.  I feel that patch submission/update should happen at the same time/speed as page updates...
I've encountered this a few times before, always when I try to build something right after the page has been updated and patches or config files have been updated/added.. (re: the two udev config files...)  I think that by the time the new instructions appear in the book, the tools (files) needed by it should be available as well.

Hopefully I don't cause too much work for everyone here..

Anyways, I'd just like to say for everyone STILL here to keep up the good work.  LFS has become the most useful "distro" that I've had the pleasure to work with

Kyle