My resignation

Sébastien Maerten maerten.sebastien at laposte.net
Thu Jul 15 06:17:52 PDT 2004

Matthias B. wrote:

[...]

> Maybe the unstable/testing/stable split was the wrong one. Maybe there
> should instead be a distro/education split. I have the feeling that the
> education/functionality conflict is the real conflict here and it has only
> disguised itself.

Unfortunately, nobody seem to mind this issue :(

[...]

> The functionality branch and the educational branch would probably share
> very little text. What they would share is the experience with building
> the packages, problems, support,...

Maybe even more radical:
	* A central repository for package-building instructions with a
dedicated team to maintain it up to date.
	* A "Linux fondations" team producing the text for a purely educational
book describing how a modern Linux system is built.
	* As many teams as desired, combining package-building instructions and
modern system philosophy in the form of step by step guides explaining
how to build a kind of system (developper, network, secure, desktop,
minimal... ).

> MSB (who needs to stop daydreaming)

Ah! Daydreaming... ;)