My resignation

Jeroen Coumans jeroen at linuxfromscratch.org
Thu Jul 15 07:33:30 PDT 2004

Matthias B. said the following on 15-07-2004 13:29:

> Don't tempt me :-)  Or maybe DO tempt me. I might even start something
> like this. I could at least write up a mission statement. Hmmm.

I'd love to see one and I'd even offer to help write one. LFS really
needs a clear mission statement to resolve the current conflicts. And if
we can't seem to combine the functionalist/educationalist (/minimalist)
approaches, perhaps an internal *) split would seem to be the wisest
course of action.

*) Internal meaning that both books would still be produced under the
LFS flag and no forking would occur. This is based on the assumption
that there is considerable overlap between both ideologies and that
neither party has an interest in forking.

--
Groeten/Greetings,
Jeroen Coumans