Networking config

Kevin P. Fleming kpfleming at linuxfromscratch.org
Thu Jul 15 12:49:09 PDT 2004

Matthew Burgess wrote:

> On Thu, 15 Jul 2004 07:09:15 -0700
> "Kevin P. Fleming" <kpfleming at linuxfromscratch.org> wrote:
>>under /etc/resolv.conf, why is "[Your Domain Name]" in curly braces?
>>I've never used those in /etc/resolv.conf
>

> Because Jim mentioned that they were required now that iproute2 is in
> the book. I'll let you two argue over it.  When you've come to an
> agreement then let me know and I'll make any changes that may be
> necessary.

Well, I've looked at "man resolv.conf", and I don't see how it could
work with curly braces around the domain name. I also don't know any way
that the net-tools -> iproute2 transition would have affected this,
since /etc/resolv.conf is only used by the resolver library that comes
as part of glibc.

Hopefully Jim will jump in and enlighten me :-)

> Thanks very much for your comments,

You're welcome, always glad to be helpful...