Patches project: Allowing editors commit priviliges

Matthew Burgess matthew at linuxfromscratch.org
Thu Jul 15 12:55:55 PDT 2004

On Wed, 14 Jul 2004 23:35:55 -0700
Jeremy Utley <jeremy at jutley.org> wrote:

> Tushar Teredesai wrote:
>
> > Hi:
> >
> > Since the patches need to committed along with commits to the books,
> >
> > perhaps it would be better to implement the suggestion made by Greg
> > long time back of allowing editors commit priviliges to the patches
> > repository.
> >
> > Though, if this is implemented, I would request the editors to make
> > sure that the patches that the commit be compliant with the patch
> > submission guidelines.
> >
> > --Tushar.
>
> This would be a good thing, I think, but it's entirely your call,
> IMHO.  If this is what you want, I can add all current editors to the
> svnpatches group very easily.
>
> Matt, what's your opinion?

I agree that it would be useful to have some or all of the book editors
able to apply patches.  If there's a script that is available that will
check the headers (at least for a close match to the patches project
requirements) then that'll make it easier to ensure we don't bring down
the standards of Tushars' and Jims' fine work.

The only thing I would say is that LFS editors should not commit
none-LFS package related patches to the patches project.  We don't want
to tread on anyone's toes here (or at least I don't!).

J, don't add folks to the svnpatches group yet - we'll wait for a final
OK from Tush then proceed with it.

Cheers,

Matt.