Networking config

Randy McMurchy randy at linuxfromscratch.org
Thu Jul 15 13:31:46 PDT 2004

Matthew Burgess wrote:
> On Thu, 15 Jul 2004 07:09:15 -0700
> "Kevin P. Fleming" <kpfleming at linuxfromscratch.org> wrote:
>
>>Berkeley DB has been called SleepyCat DB for quite some time now...
>>should we continue referring to it as Berkeley DB? Also, why is
>>"Berkeley-DB" hyphenated?
>

> Well, I used the Berkeley name as that's what's in BLFS.  I thought it
> might confuse users if we mention SleepyCat DB and then point them to
> BLFS where they named it Berkeley DB.

I'm not sure Kevin is correct. Plastered all over the SleepyCat
web site is Berkeley DB. For now, I can't help but think BLFS
will continue to reference it as SleepyCat does: Berkeley DB.

Go to http://www.sleepycat.com and see for yourself. For starters,
you'll see:

SLEEPYCAT SOFTWARE: Makers of Berkeley DB

--
Randy