[OT]: Common vs. correct usage

Archaic archaic at linuxfromscratch.org
Thu Jul 15 16:00:52 PDT 2004

On Thu, Jul 15, 2004 at 11:33:52PM +0100, Matthew Burgess wrote:

> 3) He learned me how to drive (anyone who doesn't realise that "taught"
> is the correct term here needs shooting!).

They lurned me good in skool. ;)

> Either way, I personally find it both interesting and humbling when my
> own inaccuaracies are highlighted - so thank you :)

Bad Matt. No cookie. :)

--
Archaic

"...The Bill of Rights is a literal and absolute document. The First
Amendment doesn't say you have a right to speak out unless the
government has a 'compelling interest' in censoring the Internet. The
Second Amendment doesn't say you have the right to keep and bear arms
until some madman plants a bomb. The Fourth Amendment doesn't say you
have the right to be secure from search and seizure unless some FBI
agent thinks you fit the profile of a terrorist. The government has no
right to interfere with any of these freedoms under any circumstances."

- Harry Browne, 1996 USA presidential candidate, Libertarian Party