[rfc] use ext3 instead of ext2

Archaic archaic at linuxfromscratch.org
Thu Jul 15 16:22:24 PDT 2004

On Thu, Jul 15, 2004 at 09:56:09PM +0100, Matthew Burgess wrote:

> Unless this receives an overwhelmingly negative response I'll put the
> changes in on Tuesday evening.  I'm away for a long weekend now, so it
> gives you all a chance to contribute your thoughts on this without my
> overseeing you :)

If it happens, place a link to BLFS's filesystem page so no one
sqaubbles as to why ext3 is chosen over XFS or reiser (though
technically, at this point it is kind of moot since the FS has already
been made).

--
Archaic

"...The Bill of Rights is a literal and absolute document. The First
Amendment doesn't say you have a right to speak out unless the
government has a 'compelling interest' in censoring the Internet. The
Second Amendment doesn't say you have the right to keep and bear arms
until some madman plants a bomb. The Fourth Amendment doesn't say you
have the right to be secure from search and seizure unless some FBI
agent thinks you fit the profile of a terrorist. The government has no
right to interfere with any of these freedoms under any circumstances."

- Harry Browne, 1996 USA presidential candidate, Libertarian Party