[rfc] use ext3 instead of ext2

Archaic archaic at linuxfromscratch.org
Thu Jul 15 16:24:11 PDT 2004

On Thu, Jul 15, 2004 at 03:18:58PM -0600, Nathan Coulson wrote:

> I am not entirely sure about this, but this would mean we do not fsck / on
> bootup, right?
>
> If so, I would like to take out the line that mounts / readonly, then
> fsck's it.

Keep the fsck code in. There is no reason to pull it when a simple 0 0
in fstab can let the user decide for himself. I for one still fsck ext3
systems. Also, readonly is still perfectly valid for bootup.

--
Archaic

"Rightful liberty is unobstructed action, according to our will, within
limits drawn around us by the equal rights of others."

- Thomas Jefferson