[rfc] use ext3 instead of ext2

Michael W Daniels daniels at ling.osu.edu
Thu Jul 15 18:34:56 PDT 2004

At 05:30 PM 7/15/2004, you wrote:
>Converting to an ext3 fs is as simple as passing '-j' to `mke2fs`.  '-J'
>might be more useful, if anyone knows that the default journalling
>parameters are not suitable for our base install.

For what it's worth, you'd actually use `tune2fs -j' to convert an existing
filesystem from ext2 to ext3. Running `mke2fs -j' helpfully creates a new
ext3 filesystem in place of what was there. (Fortunately, I didn't lose
anything valuable when I confused the two...)

--
Michael W. Daniels        | Choreography is its own reward.
daniels at ling.osu.edu      | Some things are done only for the sake