[rfc] use ext3 instead of ext2

Kevin P. Fleming kpfleming at linuxfromscratch.org
Thu Jul 15 22:32:42 PDT 2004

Archaic wrote:

> Keep the fsck code in. There is no reason to pull it when a simple 0 0
> in fstab can let the user decide for himself. I for one still fsck ext3
> systems. Also, readonly is still perfectly valid for bootup.

Actually I don't think that's true with the current LFS bootscripts; I
use XFS as my root filesystems here, and even with "0 0" in the fstab it
stills tries to fsck them (which is pointless seeing as XFS doesn't have
an fsck tool at all <G>).

I don't believe the bootscripts pay any attention to fstab until after
they've completed all their root-filesystem work.