[rfc] use ext3 instead of ext2

Matthias B. msbREMOVE-THIS at winterdrache.de
Fri Jul 16 12:40:23 PDT 2004

On Thu, 15 Jul 2004 22:30:31 +0100 Matthew Burgess
<matthew at linuxfromscratch.org> wrote:

> That's my understanding too.  With a journalled FS there is no need to
> fsck the drive _at all_ as everything is journalled.

That is a common misconception. Journaling filesystems can still get
corrupted, e.g. by bugs in the fs code. So there always needs to be a tool
to do a complete integrity check and possible repairs. But you don't
usually need to run this after every unclean shutdown. But you should run
it occasionally.

MSB

--
Font anti-aliasing? No, thank you!
If I want blurred text, I just take off my glasses.