Testing - Chap 6 Glibc

Miguel Bazdresch lfs-01 at thewizardstower.org
Sun Jul 18 08:19:46 PDT 2004

* Larry Lawrence <larry at linuxfromscratch.org> [2004-07-18 15:11]:
> In June Bruce Dubbs wrote:
>
> In the make check, I got two errors: wordexp-test.out and scanf4.out.
> Does this sound normal?
>
> There is no pointer in the book where to see what errors others have
> found.  Its not on the wiki.  There needs to be better discussion in the
> book on how to handle these errors.
>
>   -- Bruce
>
> P.S.  Using Unstable CVS 20040615
>
> There was no response on the mailing list and no changes to the book or
> the wiki. Obviously the LFS editors know the answer to this.  The way I am
> reading the book, the two errors above are not on the 'approved error'
> list and I should not proceed.

I'm not an editor but I know that at least on x86 there should be *no*
errors on Ch. 6 glibc make check.

Some older non-intel, x86-compatible proocessors may have errors in the
math tests due to limitations of their FPUs.

Some older hardware might present time-outs in some tests. I have a
P3-800 and I've never had a timeout, though. There is more about it
on the archives, including how to change the timeout value, IIRC.

HTH,

--
Miguel Bazdresch
http://thewizardstower.org/