Patches project: Allowing editors commit priviliges

Tushar Teredesai linux_from_scratch at yahoo.com
Sun Jul 18 14:25:25 PDT 2004

Matthew Burgess wrote:

>I agree that it would be useful to have some or all of the book editors
>able to apply patches.

Whether to have one or all editors commit the patches is upto you.

>If there's a script that is available that will
>check the headers (at least for a close match to the patches project
>requirements) then that'll make it easier to ensure we don't bring down
>the standards of Tushars' and Jims' fine work.

There is a checkPatch script in the patches repository that does a
rudimentary check for the headers (but not the file names). That can
probably be expanded to include check patch naming conventions.

>The only thing I would say is that LFS editors should not commit
>none-LFS package related patches to the patches project.  We don't want
>to tread on anyone's toes here (or at least I don't!).

Good point. Editors should only commit new patches, not delete existing
ones.

>J, don't add folks to the svnpatches group yet - we'll wait for a final
>OK from Tush then proceed with it.

OK :-)

--
Tushar Teredesai