[rfc] use ext3 instead of ext2

Archaic archaic at linuxfromscratch.org
Sun Jul 18 21:27:28 PDT 2004

On Sun, Jul 18, 2004 at 09:17:17PM -0500, Dagmar d'Surreal wrote:

> t'll just need to have the journal put back before you can mount it as
> ext3 again (i.e., a quick tune2fs -j /dev/blah and you're done).

Really? I just booted into an old partition to do some testing and
needed stuff off my current /, but had to mount as ext2. The only mod I
made to the fs was to edit grub so the new OS would boot the next
time. This is great. Now I need to reboot into the old system, rebuild
the kernel, reboot, run tune2fs, mount as ext3, switch the boot order
(remote system) and reboot to the new system.

*sigh* I really should look into the one-shot grub patch.

--
Archaic

The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and
hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless
series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary.

- H.L. Mencken