Bootscript Future

Archaic archaic at linuxfromscratch.org
Sun Jul 18 21:34:45 PDT 2004

On Sun, Jul 18, 2004 at 09:56:16PM -0500, James Robertson wrote:

> You mean by using the syslog daemon?  That would be very nice, errors
> too, so that you could use ' dmesg | less ' to see everything that
> happened later.

No, I don't think if you do that (which would be nice) that it should
log as a kern message. The facilities provided are:

auth, authpriv, cron, daemon, kern, lpr, mail, news, syslog, user, uucp
and local0 through local7

The local0 facility looks like the best choice, with a priority no
higher than info. man syslog.conf for details. But can this be done from
a script or does it require binary to make the calls?

--
Archaic

The Constitution is not neutral. It was designed to take the government
off the backs of the people.

- Justice William O. Douglas